With our quick install guide you will be able to replace the factory radius rod plate with the Agency Power tow hitch for your Can-Am Maverick X3. The tow hitch is an excellent tool for pulling a small trailer or using various hitch attaching accessories while also stiffening up the radius rods.
Estimated Install Time: 10-20 minutes
- UTV floor jack or lift
- 18mm socket and ratchet or impact
1) Jack up or lift the X3 from the rear chassis, but allow the wheels to touch the ground. This will remove the tension off the radius rods which will ease the removal and installation of the radius rod plate.
2) Loosen and remove the six bolts surrounding the factory radius rod plate with the 18mm socket and ratchet.
3) Remove the factory radius rod plates. The mounting studs for the radius rods have play and have to be moved around in order to get the plate completely off. Do not force the plate off as it can damage the threads.
4) Simply slide the Agency Power tow hitch onto the radius rod studs. The studs may need to move around to line up with all six holes.
5) Reinstall the six nuts and tighten them all down. **Threadlocker is recommended upon reinstallation of the nuts to ensure maximum stability without the worry of anything coming loose.**
6) Ready to shred!