This Install Guide is intended to help with the installation of the Agency Power Short Throw Shifter Bracket on a Ford Focus ST | RS.
1. Set the parking brake and leave the car in neutral. Make sure it is secure and can not roll.
2. You will need to remove your air box to gain access to the shifter mount:
- On the intake tube loosen the hose clamp
- Disconnect the MAP sensor harness
- Unclip the strap securing the front air scoop from it’s mount at the grille
- Carefully pull up on air box and tube. They will be able to be removed as one piece.
3. With the air box removed you will be able to have access to the shifter bracket assembly. Turning the bracket by hand will allow you to move the shifter cable socket into location to unhook.
4. **Be Careful During The Unhooking Step** Take a small tool, and firmly press down on the rubber center portion of the cable socket. This will allow the internal clip securing the socket to release from the ball stud. Pop the socket off the ball stud best results with a pry tool inserted between the factory bracket and the bottom of the socket gently pull up. If the internal clip is fully released, the socket will come off with relatively little force.
5. Set your shifter plate before installing.
- 20% Reduction – Closest threads to hole for factory ball stud
- 30% Reduction – Closest threads to bracket angled edge
6. Remove the socket head screws. Separate the plate from bracket support bar.
7. Secure the new shifter plate to the factory shifter arm. Place the new plate over shifter mount arm and inserting the factory ball stud into the new plate opening. Then place the bracket support bar under the shifter mount arm. Add and tighten the socket head screws to secure the plate to the mounting arm.
8. Install the shifter cable socket over the new ball stud. Make sure it snaps into place. Once snapped into place we recommend trying to gently pull it off the ball stud to verify it is secure.
Note: Before reinstalling air box check the transmission by shifting through all gears. This will ensure there shifter is working correctly. During final visual check to make sure the coolant hose is not contacting the trans bracket and clutch slave cylinder. If it is secure the hose to the clutch slave cylinder.
10. Reinstalling air box by reverse order of removal in step 2.
11. You have completed the install.