This Install Guide is intended to help with the installation of the Agency Power Blow Short Throw Shifter on a 15+ Subaru WRX.
1. Place the car on a lift to gain access to the underside of the vehicle.
2. Unbolt the 4 bolts holding the heat shield and remove.
3. Unbolt the bolts holding the shifter cover.
4. Locate the side shift cable and gently pry it off the mount.
5. Disconnect the main shift cable by spreading apart the locking spring.
6. Unbolt the nuts on the bottom shifter assembly.
7. Unscrew and remove your shift knob.
8. The center console will need to be loosed and pulled back.
9. Locate all 3 bolts. 2 are covered by foam under the arm rest. The 3rd is located near the hand brake. Gently pull up on the side and it will release allowing access to the bolt. Remove the bolts and move console back.
10. Then remove shifter trim and boot by pulling back.
11. With trim removed unscrew the 2 screws at the base of the side trim plastic. Then push the tab holding the side trim in place.
12. Remove the 4 bolts holing in the shifter assembly.
13. Unclip the 2 wiring harness attached to the shifter assembly and remove.
14. From the assembly unscrew the wire harness tabs and unbolt the bolt holding in neutral lock plunger.
15. Remove the nut holding the side shift arm bolt. Push bolt out and remove the side shift arm.
16. Then remove the 2 nuts holding the bolts in place for the shifter sub-assembly. Push the bolts out and remove the shifter from the sub- assembly.
17. With sub-assembly out remove the 2 bolts at the bottom of the assembly holding the cover.
18. Remove O-Ring and use punch to remove roll pin. Then pull off the reverse lock out.
19. Then pull the factory shifter arm out.
20. With the new shift arm. Use a snap ring pliers to remove the snap ring. Then unbolt the reverse lock out bolt. Remove springs and reverse lock out.
21. Grease up the ball joints. Take the shift adapter off the factory shift arm and install on the new shifter.
22. Reinstall the shifter back into the shifter assembly and re-install the reverse lock out.
23. Reverse removal steps to complete install.